Case Study: United Technologies Corporation
$2.65 Million Saved with Master Chemical and a Coolant Management Program
Hamilton-Sunstrand, a division of United Technologies Corporation, established a coolant committee with representatives for the plant management, health an safety, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, maintenance, and machine operators. The program included:
Implementation of ongoing recycling systems
Monitoring of coolant and machine sump conditions
These results were obtained:
This is how you can gain from our experience no matter your company size. Quality coolants, cleaners, and recycling equipment are an investment in your company’s future prosperity.
Case Study: Reduction in Use & Disposals of Cleaner Chemistry
Out Cleaning The Competition - Saving through Correct Cleaner Selection
- A major rebuilder of automotive axles had high operation costs and capacity constraints.
- Frequent and expensive dumping of system
- Productivity losses due to machine downtime
- Increasing energy costs
- High labor costs to dump, clean and recharge system
Coolant Management worked with the customer’s management and operations staff to produce a solution that integrated the best available technology — both chemical and equipment.
- Cleaning chemistry that would efficiently remove difficult greases
- Equipment that could quickly separate the heavy soil load from the cleaner bath
- Process development to optimize system up-time and minimize disposal
- On-going support as customer’s production increased and new and improved processes and equipment were added
This partnership delivered immediate operating and financial impact.
- Capacityincreased by 32.4%
- Expenses reduced by 84.1%
- $590,635 operating income improvement